- Enable our wiki to process and view geo information
- Create a re-useable plattform for use in other projects
openlayers provides an easy to use and very flexible platform to show and explore data on a map
MapProxy is a flexible backend.
It can be used as a simple tile cache for OpenStreetmap but easly extended to include other data sources or to convert into an other data format
- Since it is the primary data storage it makes sense to extend it to contain and serve geo information
There is allready a simple moin macro OpenStreetMap to include an openlayer map in moin and show additional data points
- We want more: something like "show a map with all geo-tagged pages in category foo linking these" or "get me a map with thumnails of all geo tagged pictures attached to page bar"
How to participate
- Leave a note here, include some contact information if you aren't (yet) a /dev/lol inhabitant
Contact rupi and tell him in person